Monday, June 29, 2015

always press seams to the dark side (bwahaha)


We'll be doing a LOT of pressing with this project. We want our sewing to be as accurate as possible, and pressing seams open right after sewing really helps with accuracy.

Some people even press the seam before opening it up. They press the seam closed and then press it open. I will admit to having done it. I am still not sure it helps, but it definitely feeds my inner OCD monster. Nom nom. LOL

I use a dry iron. No steam holes means even pressing. No need to drag the iron around to make sure to press where the steam holes missed.
My favorite iron of all time is the Continental Dry Iron. I've had 2. Both had screws or something loose that rattled around on the inside, but as long as they worked, I didn't care.

So that was the problem: after being dropped five too many times, my last one finally quit.

My current iron is lighter (a minus), Black and Decker, and I don't love it, although it has survived one catastrophic fall so far. While on, face down on the year-old hardwood floor, of course. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment or suggestion here!